The venting blogger was featured in Frankie Magazine a few months ago, and boy-oh-boy am I glad I took the opportunity to check her out. Being an artist herself, The Jealous Curator would view other people's work and feel absolutely overwhelmed by such creative designs. However, she couldn't resist also feeling utterly jealous and resentful that she was not the producer of the works. This crushing envy propelled her to start a blog and write about all the magnificent designs that she wished were her own.
The Jealous Curator introduces her blog as "A collection of artwork that inspires and depresses me. I know it's good when I'm thinking, 'damn, I wish I'd thought of that!'". It features categories such 'Sculpture', 'Mixed Media', 'Typography' and "Art or Craft?" as well as just about everything else you can name. She reviews art shows, and discusses designers from Milton Glaser to Stefanie Fiore. The blog is a definite success, with thousands of followers from all around the world.
It's so cool, that it even has it's own facebook!
I like the blog because of it's unique tongue-in-cheek approach, because it is packed to the brim with interesting information and fascinating designs, and last but definitely not least; because aids me in discovering a wide range of up and coming designers.
Please feel free to view the generous envy -
www.thejealouscurator.com
- Image from The Jealous Curator's blog (by Team Macho)

No comments:
Post a Comment