Thursday, October 29, 2009

Five off the wall

Photobucket

For those of you who have been waiting for jewellery to break away from pretty-pretty to blood-thirsty ultra violent, this fabulous piece by Osier is just for you. The brooch is made entirely out of clay and powder, and what a brilliant idea.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Well if I can't eat hamburgers, I may as well sit on them! Take a look at this incredible poof/pillow invention by NotToday. Okay, so I probably wouldn't want one in my own house, but if you had one at your place I would become your new best friend.




Photobucket

How. Cool. Is. This. Lace tattoos hand-sewn by none other than the incredible Theresa Honeywell. They're made in a similar labor intense way that a tattoos are, but these pretty things are created with thread instead on ink.




Photobucket

If I were I fairy queen, I would definitely sleep here. This beautiful design is by Californian artist Shawn Lovell, and is absolutely breath-taking. Lovell says it takes 250 hours to make, and claims it was originally created for a gardener who wanted an organic place to sleep! This particular piece is $15,000 (saving starts now!)




Photobucket

I love Karl Lagerfeld printed bags. Yes, I am going to go there. I know ol' Karl is not exactly on everyone's Christmas card list this year, due to his recent heated public complaints: "no one wants to look at a curvy woman". But hey, his market is still in full throttle with fasionistas going completely mental over his new bag collection printed with his image. I find the designs clever, fun, original and just a little bit egotistical. Good on you Lagerfeld, whoever can con people into spending $4,500(Aust) for a bag with their face on it is, without a doubt, pure genius. What an inspiration.

1 comment: