

Audrey Kawasaki enchants me.
I love her use of juxtaposing themes and materials; from the sharp graphic imagery against the soft grain wood, to the innocent yet nearly erotic figures.
Without a doubt, her works are outrageously creepy, yet I find them also beautiful and sensual. Their stillness is captivating and almost confronting, and allows for a deeper connection with her audience.
Discover how she makes you react at www.audrey-kawasaki.com
I love her use of juxtaposing themes and materials; from the sharp graphic imagery against the soft grain wood, to the innocent yet nearly erotic figures.
Without a doubt, her works are outrageously creepy, yet I find them also beautiful and sensual. Their stillness is captivating and almost confronting, and allows for a deeper connection with her audience.
Discover how she makes you react at www.audrey-kawasaki.com


I really love her work too, So beautifully done!!
ReplyDeleteI like her work too. I know of a similar artist Amy Sol, she does alot of folk-art and vintage style stuff on wood aswell! http://www.amysol.com/
ReplyDeletei really love this style. its so soft and elegant but like you said has a creepy feel about it.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone.
ReplyDeleteDani, I agree- she is quite like Amy Sol. Both fantastic!